When it comes to the ever-evolving world of employment law, businesses need a strong team that stays on top of the shifting regulatory landscape and effectively communicates those changes. A team that helps businesses to take steps to mitigate emerging conflicts – and provides strong advocacy to resolve difficult disputes.
Our team is dedicated to helping clients navigate employment law matters successfully. For more than 20 years, we have worked with CEOs, general counsel, human resource directors, and entrepreneurs to provide clear and actionable guidance.
Clients rely on us to keep them apprised of their obligations as employers, especially as prevailing law evolves, and to create and revise company policies accordingly. We provide seasoned counsel to clients on every facet of the employer-employee relationship, including hiring practices, compensation issues, layoffs and terminations.
Our attorneys also provide training and advice to help businesses avoid and mitigate disputes. When conflicts cannot be resolved through private negotiation, we represent clients in administrative proceedings and, with colleagues in our litigation practice, before state and federal courts on a variety of matters, including wage claims, discrimination claims, and restrictive covenant disputes. We also assist clients with employment law issues related to mergers and acquisitions including due diligence and executive compensation.
Clients include emerging businesses and established privately held companies – often based in Maryland but with multi-state operations – and are engaged in a variety of sectors, from technology to government contracting staffing to manufacturing.
Areas of Service
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Compliance programs
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise certifications
- Employee handbooks and trainings
- Employment agreements
- Employment discrimination defense
- Executive Compensation
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission proceedings
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Maryland Civil Rights Commission proceedings
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation proceedings
- Maryland Wage Payment and Collection Act
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Minority Business Enterprise certifications
- Performance management
- Restrictive covenants
- Sex, race, age, and disability discrimination defense
- Sexual harassment and retaliation defense
- Termination and severance
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Wrongful discharge and breach of contract defense