Our Law Firm
Bowie & Jensen is a full service business law firm with one focus – our clients. At Bowie & Jensen we start each engagement by learning about our client’s business. Knowledge is the key to creative legal thinking. We understand that businesses need to watch their bottom lines. Our firm's size, coupled with our experience, allows us to charge lower fees without compromising outcomes for our clients.
Note: The vast majority of business disputes are resolved before a full trial. The cases below represent some, but not all, of the reported and unreported cases in which our lawyers have been counsel.
- Majer v. Sonex Research, 541 F. Supp. 2d 693 (2008) (Successful defense of a local publically traded company in a PLSRA action)
- Outlaw v. Airtech Air Conditioning and Heating, 412 F.3d 156 (D.C. Cir. 2005) (Successful defense of a subcontractor on claims by owner for deficient work)
- Debt Relief Network v. Debt Shield, Inc., 367 F. Supp. 2d 827 (D. Md. 2005) (Successfully obtained a dismissal of the case for lack of personal jurisidiction)
- Optimum Strategic Financing v. Osteo-Implant Technologies, Inc., Circuit Court for Baltimore County, Affirmed on appeal, unpublished opinion (2007)(Successful defense of a seven figure breach of contract claim at trial, and successful defense on appeal)
- Private Arbitrations, settlements and bid protests
- Represented union electrical contractor in successful arbitration involving construction claims over construction at an Airport.
- Represented union HVAC contractor in achieving seven figure settlement with owner over several contract disputes.
- Represented eastern shore general contractor in successful bid protest for the construction of a transportation facility.
- Represented Baltimore County general contractor in successful bid protest over the school renovation project.
Venture Industries Corp. v. Venture Plastics, Inc., Case No. 99-CV-60319-AA (E.D. Mi. 2000) (Trademark Dispute) (unreported)
- Nitec, Inc. v. Construction Technology, Inc., Civil No. L-98-2531 (D. Md. 2000)(Patent law; jurisdiction) (unreported)
- Gordon v. Service America, Inc., No. 95-3162 (4th Cir. 1997) (Employment) (unreported)
- Blumenthal Kahn Elec. Ltd. Partnership v. Bethlehem Steel Corp., 120 Md. App. 630, 708 A.2d 1 (Ct. Spec. App. 1998) (Construction)
- Bahr v. Kohr, No. 04-98-00136-CV (Tex. Ct. App. 1998) (fraudulent conveyance)
- Wolf Organization, Inc. v. Michael T. Oles, No. 306 (Md. Ct. Spec App. 1998) (Mechanics' Lien)
- Anson v. The Sanders Company September 30, 1997 (Construction Law)
*Please note that each case or transaction is different and the past record is no assurance that the lawyer will be successful in reaching a favorable result in a future case or transaction.