Jason C. Brino
Jason is a commercial litigator with 20 years of experience resolving disputes on behalf of privately held businesses as well as individuals. With significant background in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, Jason is a valued member of the firm’s litigation team.
He has particular experience in the area of contract disputes, trademark litigation, trust disputes and business separations, and contributes to the firm’s class action defense work. Jason has also successfully handled insurance coverage, trade secrets, employment, and defamation disputes. In addition to his work resolving conflicts through the courts, he regularly handles complex mediation and arbitration proceedings and is himself a trained mediator.
Jason has represented a broad range of clients, including business owners, corporate officers and directors, employers, insurers, entrepreneurs, filmmakers, artists and musicians. He also reviews commercial contracts and lease agreements, and provides related counsel to help clients mitigate the risk of future litigation.
A former adjunct professor of legal writing, legal ethics and consumer law, Jason has been selected to the Maryland Super Lawyers list, and is on the board of directors for the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D. cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, B.A. cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Selected to the Maryland Super Lawyers list (2015-2016)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, ADR Section
- Member, Litigation Section
- Former co-chair, Entertainment and Sports Law Section
- Board member, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Board member/commissioner, Lutherville-Timonium Basketball Association
- Member, Justinian Society
- Member, Baltimore County Bar Association
- Longtime youth sports coach – basketball, baseball, softball and soccer
Jason’s prior volunteer and faculty roles include the following:
- Board member/commissioner, Lutherville-Timonium Baseball Association (2009-2010)
- Adjunct and collegiate faculty member, University of Maryland University College (2003-2005)
- Provided instruction in legal writing, legal ethics, and consumer law