Cynthia is a valuable member of the firm’s business litigation team. With a strong background in research, and experience serving in the Maryland court system and attorney general’s office, Cynthia provides critical support in moving cases toward resolution.
Her work on behalf of clients includes drafting complaints for Maryland circuit and district courts, conducting research to support strategy development, contributing to trial planning, and preparing for depositions.
Prior to joining Bowie & Jensen, Cynthia served the Chief Judge of the Maryland Court of Special Appeals as a senior law clerk. In this role, she assisted with preparation for hearing oral arguments, reviewed cases, and drafted and revised opinions.
As an intern at the Office of the Maryland Attorney General, she reviewed and proposed changes to state agency regulations, and helped to draft briefs for submission to the Court of Special Appeals. Cynthia also interned at the Office of the State’s Attorney for both Baltimore City and Howard County, conducting research, drafting trial motions, and synthesizing discovery materials.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude
- Articles editor, Maryland Law Review
- Order of the Coif honor society
- Dickinson College, B.A. summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Maryland
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, and MSBA’s Young Lawyers Section
- Former student attorney, Consumer Protection Clinic at the University of Maryland School of Law (2012)